GetLink tool is built on retargeting technology.
Here is the simple example of retargeting: the visitor views the product in the store (e.g. kettle), but do not buy it. Upon navigation to other sites, this kettle will be obtrusively rendered on banner ads, and will “leave the visitor alone” only after he/she buys it or the kettle will become unavailable.
- This is how the technology of determination of the most relevant link to the product or service considering the visitor’s preferences works.
For retargeting, our network uses two systems: Data Management Platform and Live Product Base.
Data Management Platform
Data on preferences is stored and analyzed in Data Management Platform (DMP) system. DMP collects and processes information directly from the advertiser site (first-party data) and merges it with data received from other sources (third-party data) using Retargeting code and other plug-ins.
Live Product Base
Live Product Base (LPB) system executes collection and structuring of data on millions of products from web-stores.
These two systems determine the products most relevant to the certain visitor in order to give the visitor the link to such product.
What is GetLink for?
GetLink tool provides functions to manage advertiser product link the visitor will be redirected to from your application, using the retargeting technology. This allows enhancing the probability of target action by the visitor.
The basic operation principle involves the selection of redirect link as follows:
If the user performs any actions on offers selected by you for retargeting, the retargeting mechanism will be enabled. The user will be redirected to the most relevant product based on his/her preferences.
If the user performed no actions on the offers you selected, he/she will be redirected to Back URL set in the tool.
If Back URL link in the tool is also inactive, the user will be redirected to default Back URL set in the tools.
The tool page is located in
- Default settings are available to work with the tool and the statistics options are identical to those available for the general user statistics.
- Click the icon < > of the desired tool in the table in order to get the code of the created tool.
- To add new tool GetLink, click Create, button above the table on the right.
Configuring a new GetLink
To create a new GetLink, perform following steps:
- Enter Name.
- Add Subaccounts to get required link data for statistics.
- Select Reply Format for GetLink tool:
- Redirect to the Offer – direct clickthrough to the link returned by the tool.
- Text response – GetLink operation will return text instead of redirect action. In fields Retargeting Reply Template and Back URL Reply Template, enter the text you want to work with, according to returned GetLink response. Upon that, <URL> will receive a link generated by GetLink according to the set terms.
Suppose, you need to track certain available parameter which must be returned together with the link by GetLink.
Tool GetLink is created with noted text responses Retargeting Reply Template = retarget_function(‘<URL>’) and Back URL Reply Template = backurl_function(‘<URL>’). On your side, you set the behavior of announced functions and enter code of your tool instead of GetLink_code:
window.location.href= url + "&myO WNREDIRECT=true";
window.location.href= url + "&myOWNBACKURL=true";
- If a function is announced in the interface but not set in the code, the tool returns an error message.
- If Reply Format = Text response is selected but functions are not set, the tool will not return any response.
Select the offers for validation of response on GetLink tool retargeting mechanism.
Select the offers for validation of response on Back URL mechanism of GetLink tool, if the user performed no actions on offers selected in 04 Retargeting URL.
Back URLs of selected offer links are returned in random order. However, you can manually control the probability of the certain link selection: select the percentage for offer link selection.
After all tool rules are set, you can:
- Click Save and exit. Edit window closes and GetLink Tools window opens.
- Click Save and get the code. The settings for the newly created tool are saved and view 06 Embed code renders the code of your tool.